As a Devex member with a Recruitment Account, you have access to our most premium recruitment content.
Devex offers recruiters insight on the latest trends in recruitment for Development on the Recruiting Insight page, which can be accessed under the For Recruiters tab.
We regularly speak to recruiters across development to bring you an inside look at best practices you can apply to your hiring and talent management strategy.
Take a look at some articles below, or visit the page directly.
- 3 ways data analytics can improve your recruitment strategy
- How employee engagement can help you recruit and retain talent
- Keeping abreast of the technology shift - a guide for employers
- Considering a career as an international development recruiter
- 6 metrics to know for an effective recruitment strategy
In January 2017, we shared findings from a survey which captured predictions on development recruiting so you can plan for the year and see how your own opinions stack up against those of other development organizations. Here's a snapshot of the findings:
- Afghanistan, Burma, Iraq, Bangladesh, Congo, Haiti, Liberia, Mali, Mongolia, and Mozambique were listed as the 10 countries most difficult for making local hires
- 86% of respondents said that home hires would stay the same or increase in 2016
- When asked what was the most important skill (regardless of sector) for a development professional to remain competitive in the hiring landscape, capacity building was ranked #1 by a 25% margin
- M&E, Health, Energy/Environment/Natural Resources, Project Management, and Law/Human Rights/Governance were listed as the top 5 sectors for new hiring