Click here to watch a video that gives a brief overview of the search, or read the article below.
- To access the new funding search page, click on Funding Search under the Funding Tab.
2. Search through the Funding Activity Feed (purple), program reports (blue) and tenders, grants and open opportunities (orange), and contract awards separately or at once by selecting or deselecting the related boxes. You can differentiate the reports in the list of results by the colored line on the left of each opportunity title.
What is the difference between the reports?
- The Funding Activity Feed contains information throughout the funding cycle such as press releases at the very early stage, media coverage, donor country strategies, operational updates and direct insights from our team based on outreach to major donors, foundations, private sector entities, media, and philanthropies.
- A donor releases a program report before the tendering process begins. The report shares project details like background, components, total budget and possible sectors of engagement.
- Tenders are then released under the umbrella of this program report, there may be a number of separate tenders released calling for proposals for particular segments of the project, or just one for the entire project.
- Contract Awards include information on recently awarded projects. If you filter based on Contract Awards you can also access shortlist reports, this lists the organizations shortlisted for a particular project.
- For more information on these different reports, read this article.
- Refine your search by using the same filters as we had in the old search page, and Boolean search terms.
- Skim through the results, and click to see the full text of the opportunity on the right, without having to leave the page. This allows you to assess the relevance of opportunities quicker.
- Create an alert by clicking “Create Alert” at the top of the page, choosing how often you would like to receive it, and naming it.
- Review your alerts, activate or deactivate them by clicking on “my alerts” . If you have a company rather than individual membership, you can review your colleagues’ alerts. You can even activate an alert based on the criteria they have set-up. Note, it’s only possible to deactivate or delete your own alerts.
- Update your alert by clicking on the blue icon beside "activate" or "deactivate" on the list, then making the necessary changes to the keywords or filters, and clicking “update alert”.